The article describes the basic concepts and capability of the Cloudburo Publishing Bot in a narrative way. It will allow you to get a good overview what is offered by the bot.
An Online Content site for your community
The Cloudburo Publishing Bot Platform is managing content sites of multiple users.
A Cloudburo content site consists of multiple articles which were transformed from Evernote notes stored in dedicated Evernote notebooks.
A content site is offering the articles in a responsive mobile friendly HTML format to the online audience which provides in an optimized reading experience on any device size.
A content site is represented by a unique user chosen site identifier (SID) within the Cloudburo Publishing Bot Platform. You may manage multiple sites from one Evernote account.
By default the content side of a user is reachable via https://<yourSiteId>.curation.space. You may choose to use your own domain.
A blog article may be originated from a note which was placed in one of two Evernote transfer notebooks.
A set of Evernote Notebooks will manage the content creation process
- Notes which are self-created or curated, that means they are formatted and structured according to the authors desire. These notes should be placed into the Curation Transfer Notebook. It has the name <yourSiteId>-E-CurateGen.
- Notes which consist of a short news headline paragraph in bold complemented with a link to the full article on a third party website should be placed into the News Transfer Notebook. It has the name <yourSiteId>-D-NewsGen.
Notes in the transfer notebooks will be periodically fetched by your Cloudburo Publishing Bot, converted to articles and published on the users content site.
After the note is published it will be moved to the Evernote Archive Notebook with the name <yourSiteId-Z-Archiv>. The note will be marked with the tag clb-processed.
For the news style content kind of notes a text expander convience feature is provided
- Any news notes (with a external link) placed in the notebook <yourSiteId>-A-NewsGen will trigger a full content fetch by the publishing bot from the provided notes link.
- the extracted content will be stored in plain text as the note content
- finally the note will be moved into the notebook <yourSiteId>-B-Prepare.
This feature will allow you to speed up article publishing on news site, refer to the workflow description for details
Evernote notes are the foundation of your published articles
The Evernote note creation date as well as the note title must be treated as immutable after the initial article generation step. These two attributes are part of the article URL and will uniquely identify the article in your content site.
Changing these two fields will result in a new article entry. Otherwise an change on a processed note and moving it back into the Transfer Notebook will result in an updated article.
A generated article can be removed from the content site, by attaching the clb-delete tag and move it to one of the Transfer Notebooks. The note will be fetched and the corresponding article will be removed from the content site. The note itself will be moved to the Archive Notebook and the clb-delete tag will be unattached.
A note may have dedicated tags attached with a prefix of “<site identifier>-<category>”. The tags will be used to categorize the articles on the content site. The content site will offer a category menu which lists all used categories in oder to get a list of articles by category entty.
Fine tune the publishing periodicity according to your needs
A content site is operated in a user chosen time zone and notes in the Transfer notebooks are members of the article publishing queue. The article publishing queue has a article publishing scheduler, which defines (user chosen)
- at which week days
- in which time window in the defined time zone
- how many articles per hour
should be published on the content site.
If the publish scheduler triggers a generation event, the above described transfer notebooks will be checked for available notes. If available the scheduler will fetch the oldest note (creation date) and generate the corresponding content site article.
For notes with the tag clb-processed or clb-delete attached the scheduler doesn’t apply - i.e. they will be updated or deleted in the next publishing cycle.
Embed various kind of rich content artifacts
You may include various kind of content which will be nicely formatted in a resposnive manner in your content site
- Youtube Videos
- Code Synax Highlighting
- HTML direct Embed. To be used in cases you want to include any kind of HTML code fragements. I.e. in case you want include a Mailchimp form for your newsletter
Control content site menu and footer, as well as social media icon links
Additional Header- as well as Footer menus, as well as optionally a customized entry (index) page, may be defined in dedicated Evernote notes. Socia media icons to link to your social media sites are available.
A rich set of integration options exists to further customize and extend your content site
Various possibilities exist to integrate your content site with other capabilities, as for example
- Google Analytics
- Disqus Comment and Collaboration feature
- RSS Feed support
The following naming conventions apply for the above mentioned Evernote Notebooks, they will be automatically created (as well as any required tag) during the initial setup of a site.
- blog-<site identifier>-A-Fetch
- blog-<site identifier>-B-Prepare
- blog-<site identifier>-D-NewsGen
- blog-<side identifier>-E-CurateGen
- blog-<side identifier>-Z-Archive