Cloudburo Bots Platform Documentation
This is the documentation overview page for the Cloudburo Bots Platform, which is offering various subscriptions services centred around bots. It’s structured around the three topics
- Member Zone “platform", where you register for an account and manage your bots and subscriptions
- Slack Evernote Bot “slackbot", is our Slack Bot App, which integrates Evernote in the Slack Application
- Evernote Publishing Bot “pubbot", enables a powerful, intuitive content publishing approach fully integrated into Evernote’s Workspace Solution. By the way: This site itself was created by using the Cloudburo Publishing Bot and all content is mastered and maintained in Evernote’s One Workspace.
Member Zone “platform"
The Cloudburo Bot Member Zone with its integrated Bot Product Dashboard is your primary site, when it comes down to manage your Product/Bot subscriptions, in order for billing, configuration or control of your bot services.
Your personal user account allows you to access the various services and functions, the member zone can be found under: https://bots.cloudburo.net
- Cloudburo Bots Member Zone Overview gives you a short overview of the Member Zone GUI available for registered users.
- How to Sign up for Cloudburo Bots Memberzone
- How to Log in in with your Slack Account in order to simplify registering and subsequent log ins (you don’t have to type username and password anymore)
- How to test a Subscription Product
- How to buy a Subscription Product
- How to re-verify your Email-Address in case the initial verification email wasn’t confirmed.
- How to integrate with your Slack Team describes the steps that you can send notification messages to a Slack Team instead by Email
- How to integrate your Evernote Account outlines the steps how to link your Evernote Account used by the Publishing Bot to fetch stories.
- How to conntect the Publishing Bot by keeping notebook privacy describes the a evernote linking approach, which only exposes the Publishing Bot created notebooks and not other ones by using a second free Evernote account
- How to revoke Cloudburo’s Permission to your Evernote Account outlines the steps how to revoke our access rights to your Evernote Account.
- Problem Resolutions to Error Messages which can be shown in the Cloudburo Bots Memberzone App.
- status.cloudburo.net: Is the online status information page of the Cloudburo Bots Platform.
Evernote Slack Bot “slackbot”
Evernote Publishing Bot “pubbot”
Cloudburo Publishing Bot is a content curation solution which can be managed by the end user with minimal effort in the most efficient and intuitive manner. Aimed at startups, micro businesses, small enterprises, freelancers as well as hobbyists bloggers, it will allow you to establish a content presence in the Internet for your audience.
The Cloudburo Publishing Bot seamlessly integrates into Evernote’s One Workspace ecosystem to provide you with the best user experience.
“ As one workspace that lives across your phone, tablet, and computer, Evernote is the place you write free from distraction, collect information, find what you need, and present your ideas to the world.”
You will use the power of Evernote’s One Workspace to manage and collect great sharing content, to compile it and then leave the task to the Publishing Bot, to deliver the content to your nicely, mobile-friendly designed Web site.
Do you want to test out the offering during a monthly trial subscription: subscribe here
The Approach (Introduction Videos)
The solution is centred around two intuitive workflows, which allows you publish either self-created/curated or third party news style content.
A one minute intro to the Publishing Bot, will give you a glance about the first workflow (self-created/curated content).
Concentrate in collecting and compiling content and leave the publishing to the Publishing Bot, which ensures a great user experience on any kind of device.
As a second workflow we support the so-called news publishing approach, which normally starts in a news aggregation app, as for example feedly.
Check it out in two minutes, how easy a news styled blog can be managed with Feedly, Evernote and the Cloudburo Publishing Bot.
Working with the Cloudburo Publishing Bot requires the setup of two accounts
- Evernote Account: You need Evernote, the One Workplace Solution, which has a user base of over 100 million of users. Sign up for Evernote in one minute, in case you are new to Evernote. Tutorials from Evernote as well as some Inspiring articles from Evernote gives you some inspirations what you can do with Evernote. The Evernote Smart’s Person Guide gives also a good overview.
- Cloudburo Member Zone Account: You need the Cloudburo Publishing Bot activated, which integrates into Evernote and manages your content to internet publishing process in a hassle-free manner. Sign up for Cloudburo Bots Memberzone for a trial account, we require just the Email-Address
- Subscriptions Options: You may subscribe to the Basic Subscription and complement with the Premium Subscription which provides you 5 additional site, as well access to our Premium Website Themes.
Some additional information to get you started
- The Content Site in a Nutshell: Describing the various content site page segments, which are generated out of your Evernote notes.
- The major concepts of the Publishing Bot provides a narrative description of the Bot features and concepts.
- Content Publishing Guidelines and Community Rules: Take a minute and study our common-sense rules and take them seriously.
- Your first site is live, what’s next some suggested steps, after you got our Email that your site is live.
- My site isn’t showing up after initial setup may be a problem of the delayed DNS refresh, find here the explanation.
- Why does content curation and blogging matters ? Check out the following infographic which lists some compelling arguments.
Head on to the Workflows, they give a good overview how you can manage your content site, be it either a News Site or Curation Site, as well as a mixture of the both.
The Cloudburo Publishing Bot supports two workflows, the News Workflow (for news aggregation style articles), as well as the Curation Workflow (for curated or self created articles). Check out the following video based Tutorials.
- Dognews a news content site fully managed by Cloudburo Publishing Bot : The use case shows how a purely news content site is managed by using Feedly, Evernote and the Cloudburo Publishing Bot. It shows how additional channels (Twitter) and e-Mail (Mailchimp) were integrated with no additional costs.
- Zurich4u a self curated content site for hotel visitors. The use case shows how the owner of a small boutique and design hotel chain is using the Cloudburo Publishing Bot to produce fresh mobile optimized content of the city for its hotel clientele. As a side product he also improves its web presence and search engine presence.
- With the Evernote Publishing Bot in 115 days around the world. The use case shows how the Publishing Bot was used during a world cruise trip to publish a travel blog with a daily update on 115 consecutive days.
The Member Zone management use cases for the Publishing Bot are listed below:
- How to set up your first Site shows the three necessary steps to setup your first Web site.
- How to configure the Website Publishing Bot shows you the possibilities to fine-tune the publishing process, as well as the look and feel of your site.
- How to delete a published article is shown in this short video tutorial.
- How to configure the Article Scheduler: A scheduler is offered which allows you to define how many articles per day in which time-frame are published in your preferred timezone for your community.
- How to change the note title of an already processed note. The note title is part of your published article URL, so you have to take some additional steps when you want to change it.
- How to integrate Disqus Article Comment Platform Integration: Build up your community by integrating the no cost Disqus comment platform. Each article will be complemented with a community discuss feature.
- How to integrate your Custom Domain: By default you will get your own site subdomain under the top-level domain curation.space. We shield the content site by Cloudflare’s Content Delivery network which speeds up site loads and protects from threats.
- How to customize Header- and Footer Menu: You can customize your published site and introduce up to 4 additional Header, as well as Footer menus.
- How to introduce a customized Index Page: By default your Article List Page is your site entry page, but you have the option to choose an own index page and maintain it in Evernote . As for example this page which you are reading now is such an customized index page.
- How to introduce Social Media Icons in the Header Menu: You can customize the header of your site and include the most important social media icons, which links back to your social media account.
- How to integrate Google Tracking Key: Integrate your Google Tracking Key in each site page, in order to track you site with Google Analytics.
By using Evernote tags and embedded text marker you may control certain aspects of the side publishing process.
- Categorize your Articles: By using Evernote tags you can define category structures for your published articles.
- Working with Images: Pictures in Evernote notes will be taken over and converted for fast online access. Various possibilities exists how to control the positioning and layout of the image.
- Working with Videos: YouTube based videos can be easily embedded by adding some meta information in your Evernote note. Check the layout by opening a documentation page with a video integrated on this site (remember the whole documentation site is managed by the Cloudburo Publishing Bot).
- Syntax Highlighting: A simple mechanism for nice syntax highlighting in your site with support for over 60 programming languages
- Embed custom HTML Fragments: You can embed HTML fragment, e.g. required for MailChimp Newsletter integration or similar.
- Evernote News Excerpt Expander: It will allow you automatically fetch full articles in Evernote from some news excerpt.
- Responsive, Mobile Optimized Content Website: The content website will follow the mobile first approach and be responsive. This ensures that your content is delivered to any device in an optimal layout.
- W3C Atom 1.0 valid RSS Feeds: The Cloudburo Publishing Bot managed content sites are providing a Atom 1.0 valid RSS feed of your content. This allows you to embed your content in any kind of RSS feed based third party applications.
- SEO Friendly URLs: Content site articles have well-written URLs which are important for search engine ranking
- Automatic sitemap.xml generation for Search Engines (SEO): Cloudburo Publishing Bot will generate for you the sitemap, which can improve change detection by Seatch Engines.
- Bootstrap based Website Themes: Your content will be published in a dedicated Website which is designed upon Bootstrap. It’s the most popular HTML, CSS and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile friendly sites. You will have the choice to select one of several predefined Cloudburo curation themes, which were developed by bootswatch.com.
- Premium Website Themes: With our Premium Publishing Bot Subscription you will get access to professional themes offered by by wrapbootstrap.com. We customized them to the PublishingBot needs and they will offer you additional features to fine-tune your professional website presence.
- Syntax Highlighting Themes: Various themes are available for syntax highlighting of code blocks. A Pigment compatible syntax highlighter is chosen for this step (the de facto standard for syntax highlighting).
- How will I get notified by the Publishing Bot about site creation and changes ?
- How do I set the Title in the Header of my Site ?
- How do you protect the curation.space Sites with Cloudflare ?
- How do I take my site offline ?
- How do I disable the News Publishing Workflow ?
- How do I disable the Self-Created/Curated Workflow ?
- How does Cloudburo secures Credit Card Payments ?
- Which Evernote Notebooks are created by the Cloudburo Publishing Bot ?
- How do I solve failures when trying to link Evernote or Slack ?
- Bots Platform doesn’t load when using Internet Explorer, what can I do?
Some small tips which will improve your efficiency and quality when working with Evernote and the Publishing Bot.
- Use the Evernote Spell Checker as a content quality checker. High quality content with correct spelling is important and is influencing your ranking in search engines like google (SEO = Search Engine Optimization).
- Don’t put unnecessary Carriage Returns at the end of a Line is a quick tip which makes sure that the site article rendering is nicely formatted.
- How to create a nice Elevation Chart out of a Google Maps Route, which you can integrate into your hiking or trips blog.
- Automatic Twitter News Publishing via Feedburner: Your content site can be easily integrated in googles Feedburner infrastructure (via our RSS feeds feature) and you can configure Feedburner to trigger automatically a Tweet of a published article in your twitter account.
- Periodic Newsletter via Mailchimp: Visitors to your website should be able to subscribe to your blog with a Newsletter, as it’s a great way to push out information to your customers and potential customers. This article gives you an overview how you integrate with Mailchimp.
- Mobile friendly site matters: A short introduction to Google Search Console and the importance of mobile ready site.
Evernote is your primary content collection and editing tool. Evernote lets you capture and share everything that’s important to you in a single, easily accessible place. Here some links and guidelines which helps you get quickly on speed with it.
- Working with Evernote some inspiring use cases will give you some ideas how people are exploiting and using the potential from Evernote for their daily work.
We collect and document useful resources about the topic of Content Curation, Content Marketing as well as blogging. Click on the title to go to the list of articles.
Cloudburo Publishing Bot wouldn’t be possible without the existence of fantastic Open Source Products. A big thank goes to all the inventors and contributors of the various products
- Java Programming Language, released under the Oracle Binary Code License
- Groovy Programming Language, released under the Apache License
- Gradle Build Automation System, released under the Apache License
- Maven Java Build Automation System, release under the Apache License
- Bootstrap „Most popular HTML, CSS and JS framework“, released unter the MIT License
- Bootswatch „Free themes for bootstrap”, released under the MIT License
- Middleman „Static Site Generator“ , released under the MIT License
- Middleman-syntax „Syntax Highlighting module“ , released under the MIT License
- Rouge „A pure ruby code highlighter compatible with Pygment”, released under the MIT License
- Slim „A lightweight template engine“, released under the MIT Licencse
- Apache Log4j, Junit, Commons, released under the Apache License
- Slugify „SEO-friendly URLs“, released under the Apache License
- JSoup „Awesome Jave HTML parser“, released under the MIT License
- Imgscalr „Image Manipulation Library“, released under the Apache License
- NekoHTML „Simple HMTL Scanner“, released under the Apache License
- Boilerpipe „Removal and Fulltext Extraction from HTML pages“, released under the Apache License